Drone2Map does not utilize GPU

09-27-2018 01:39 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am using the latest build of Drone2Map (v1.3.1) on Windows 10 (1803) x64 with the following hardware:

- Dell Precision 5820

Intel Xeon W-2104 3.2GHz, 4C, 8.25M Cache

- 32 GB RAM

- 1024 GB SSD

- NVIDIA® Quadro® P4000, 8GB, 4 DP

I have checked the "Use CUDA" option and and set the "CPU Threads" to the max. I am trying to render a demo project with around 210 images using the 2D mapping template.

Although the log file shows, that the graphic card is found and that CUDA is enabled, using the GPU monitor shows, that the GPU is never utilized. I have installed the latest NVIDEA Quadro drivers.

Are there additional steps needed to get the GPU involved in the processing?

Kind regards,

Christian

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

This is the recommendations for the Spatial Analyst extension. I would assume it would be the same for the rest of the suite.  Is it where you got your information?

GPU processing with Spatial Analyst—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Dan,

the only information I found on the Drone2Map CUDA option where from here: Processing options—Drone2Map for ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS 

And I found an older thread, but it did not help me to get my GPU involved in the processing: https://community.esri.com/thread/192142-drone2map-killing-my-computer 

Regards,

Christian

0 Kudos
RockRunEnterprises
Occasional Contributor

Using the Nvidia control panel, select 3D Settings > Manage 3D Settings > Global Settings > Global Presets > "3D App-Game Development > Apply

WalterSmit
New Contributor

Thank you - that fixed it!

RockRunEnterprises
Occasional Contributor

Glad to help!

0 Kudos
AsafEvenPaz
Occasional Contributor

Facing the same issue but not seeing any of these options when opening the NVIDIA Control Panel.

Hardware Specs:

NVIDIA:

0 Kudos
AsafEvenPaz
Occasional Contributor

Here is the NVIDIA Control Panel:

0 Kudos
RockRunEnterprises
Occasional Contributor

Not sure what you are seeing on your side... I access the control panel from simply right-clicking on the desktop and this is what I see. Granted this is installed locally on my workstation, not running through a network or server which could be your issue.

0 Kudos
MikeHarrickey
New Contributor

Hi Patrick,

Is there any reason why Global Presets tab doesn't show up in Nvidia control panel? 

0 Kudos