Applying an angle in Parcel Drafter

08-24-2018 06:24 AM
KimberlyMeinert
Occasional Contributor

Here's another question.  Does anyone else see sketchy things happen when you apply an angle in Parcel Drafter?  I was testing it out yesterday with a random survey and found that when I put in the straight legal description, everything works out well.  But if I apply an angle to it, which most of our surveys need, the parcel builds incorrectly.  The lines stay fine, which I guess is all well and good, but it would be nice of the parcel polygon didn't look so awful.  Side note:  We are an area of the country that still uses NAD27, at least until the end of the year when we all convert.  

Before angle applied:

After angle applied:

The other wonky thing I noticed is that it built this extra line segment along my curve, this is pre-angle as well:

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Kimberly,

That is pretty odd. Does this same issue happen in the Esri test version of Parcel Drafter?

ArcGIS Web Application 

0 Kudos
KimberlyMeinert
Occasional Contributor

It does not seem to, although it only randomly happens here too.  What I did notice is that the behavior of the widget is a bit different than mine, and when I looked into it, they had done an update in June addressing some things that I had noticed. I deployed it manually in August, but it appears I had an older version.  So now my question is - how do I get the new version of the widget in my old application?

0 Kudos
ChrisBuscaglia
Esri Contributor

Kimberly - 

This is strange behavior, can you share your app. or the property description document so that I can try it out on my test application?

Chris

Local Government Solutions

0 Kudos
KimberlyMeinert
Occasional Contributor

Hi Chris.  Attached is the CSM document.  The application is in our Portal and locked to our group, so it's not quite as easy to share...

Our Tax Listing team has been using the site for a few weeks since I first posted this and it seems like it doesn't happen too often from what I'm seeing, so maybe it's not as big an issue.

It might be a moot point if I re-deploy the application to look at our enterprise SDE database instead of a data store and with updated Parcel Widget.  I'm muddling through that now.

0 Kudos
KimberlyMeinert
Occasional Contributor

So I deployed a version that talks to our enterprise SDE data instead of our data store and put in the same survey with much better results.  Now, it's only a sample size of one survey, but it's encouraging.

0 Kudos
ChrisBuscaglia
Esri Contributor

OK, thanks Kimberly - let me know if/when you run into this issue and we can run it to ground.

Chris

0 Kudos