ArcMap crashes when make multiple selections sequentially

Jump to solution
09-19-2018 07:11 AM
SMauri
by
Occasional Contributor III

This is my workflow:

1. Open a map with some layer, no matter what type of geometry and layer
  2. start making an interactively selection "very-short in time" (every second) using "Select features tool"
  3. after 3-4-5 of this operation, sudden death of ArcMap with the dialog "ArcMap has stop working"

And there is no difference if I use SHIFT button to keep selection or if I change "Interactive selection method" to "Add to current selection".

And this occurs also on different machine from my usual desktop work.

Please fix this BUG as soon as possible! It's impossible to work in this way!

Thank you for your attention

Stefano

Tags (1)
18 Replies
shan_sarkar

Thanks for sharing the video. I believe you mentioned that you have already tried renaming the Normal.mxt for this issue.

I just want to confirm if you have followed the steps exactly as mentioned in the link below:-

Resetting your ArcGIS application profile 

~Shan

~Shan
0 Kudos
SMauri
by

I can confirm that I've done a complete application profile reset (only for ArcGIS Desktop 10.6)...same result

Stefano

shan_sarkar

In that case I think its for the best if you get in touch with Esri Technical Support and get this resolved.

~Shan
SMauri
by

Just did it...thanks for your support.

Cheers

Stefano

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

What operating system are you running on?

0 Kudos
SMauri
by

Windows 10 64 bit

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Did this problem always occur with ArcMap 10.6.1 when you installed the software or did it take time after using the software for the issue to start appearing?  I only ask because I have not been able to replicate this issue on either a Windows 7 or Windows 10 machine, so I'm wondering if I would even need to install this patch.

Do you also work with enterprise geodatabase data? I ask because in my testing of this thread's bug, I found that when exporting data from an enterprise geodatabase from the table of contents in ArcMap 10.6.1 when no features are selected (so all records from the feature class should be exported), the export process fails due to a bug?

0 Kudos
SMauri
by

Did this problem always occur with ArcMap 10.6.1 when you installed the software or did it take time after using the software for the issue to start appearing?  I only ask because I have not been able to replicate this issue on either a Windows 7 or Windows 10 machine, so I'm wondering if I would even need to install this patch.

Immediately after installation. I can reproduce issue also with a fresh installation of ArcGIS Desktop on a Windows Azure machine

Do you also work with enterprise geodatabase data? I ask because in my testing of this thread's bug, I found that when exporting data from an enterprise geodatabase from the table of contents in ArcMap 10.6.1 when no features are selected (so all records from the feature class should be exported), the export process fails due to a bug?

I work almost exclusively on File Geodatabase

0 Kudos
SMauri
by

Solved after installation of this patch, despite description does not correspond apparently to the issue in question:

ArcGIS Desktop Buffer Wizard Patch 

Stefano