How to performe Climate analysis in ArcGis Pro?

09-25-2018 08:49 AM
ChristopherPolo_Dominguez
New Contributor

Hi, I'm new using arcgis pro I will like some help to perform a climate analysis (temperature, wind, rain, solar radiation, etc.) of an area of my city Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.

Is there any tutorial or step by step to do this? Where I can find some data?

Please Help!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Here are some of the tutorials accessible through the help topics

ArcGIS Pro quick-start tutorials—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Then there is the whole esri training materials

https://www.esri.com/training/ 

I think that concentrating on the gis skills than the data might be the route to go.  You will need the skill set regardless of the data you are applying it to

TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

In addition to Dan's suggestions, check out Learn ArcGIS  which has tutorials oriented to specific problems. There's one called Explore Future Climate Projections that will probably interest you. And see Kory Kramer's post ArcGIS Pro Learning Resources. For your work, you might want to concentrate on learning about raster data processing and analysis.

Another good resource in Learn ArcGIS is Get Started with ArcGIS Pro, which focuses on analyzing flood risk in Venice, Italy, so also has a climate-science orientation. The quick-start tutorials mentioned by Dan are a very good introduction to ArcGIS Pro; unfortunately, they're not strong on raster data analysis.

JoanneParkinson
Esri Contributor

To tag on... there's also a web course available on the Esri Training site - Working with NetCDF Data in ArcGIS Pro.