If you’re using the Attribute Assistant, we need your help!

02-23-2016 07:37 AM
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

We’re doing some research into how the Attribute Assistant is being used. We’d like to see what rules you are using and how you configured your dynamic value table. 

This information will help us plan for the future. We want to know what are the most common rules.  We also want to see your gnarly and complicated rules to see how far the Attribute Assistant is being pushed.

So please share your dynamic value table along with any comments you have in this thread. We appreciate your help on this effort!

Thanks,

Mike

ArcGIS Solutions

PS: If you don’t know what the Attribute Assistant is (or aren’t sure if you are using it already) no worries.  You can learn more about Attribute Assistant on the ArcGIS Solution site here

Tags (1)
239 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Michael. That indeed looks like it would fit the bill as I see it mentions SQL triggers on CRUD operations. I am wondering a bit about that note on not using for data in replicas but will look more in to it at some point in the future. 

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Is the reference to replicas in the documentation indicating that replicas will never supported in Pro, as it appears from other threads that replication is currently not supported?

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

For what it's worth:  Attribute Rules for File Geodatabse 

And Michael Volz‌, I wonder if replication is 'checking out' (all puns intended) in favor of Branch Versioning and other emerging database technologies.  

Joe's anecdote of the day:  Recently I was on a conference call with an ESRI representative who had been contacted with respect to a project I've been involved with.  I integrated Attribute Assistant nicely into the proposed workflow which he was unaware of. And what was one of his suggestions?  To use Attribute Assistant....

That should just about do it....
deleted-user-r12oOPKQjs2J
New Contributor III

Hello,

I need to calculate angles in grades (or in gons, angles from 0-400, ideally clockwize from Y axis).

I'm wondering whether this could be done with the Attribute assistant add-in but apparently it only calculates angles in degrees.

Anyone knows how to automatically calculate angles in grades (gons) ?

Kind regards,

Timothée

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

You might have to get the degrees first, and then recalculate to grades in a separate rule.

0 Kudos
deleted-user-r12oOPKQjs2J
New Contributor III

Thanks Joe,

Could the second field (in grades) be calculated "on create" or would I need to fake an edit or something like that ?

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I'd have to fiddle with it, but either on create or on modify.

0 Kudos
MikeOnzay
Occasional Contributor III

I may have found an error in the value method that shipped in the January 2018 gdb. INTERSECTING_COUNT does not work as a value method. INTERSECT_COUNT does work. The documentation uses INTERSECT_COUNT in the description of how to populate the DynamicValue table.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Thanks Mike, someone reported this the other day.  We will get domain updated.  I also accounted for both spellings in the code:

https://github.com/Esri/local-government-desktop-addins/issues/300

0 Kudos
GregoryBurda
New Contributor II

For the most part AA has worked out well for us the last several months. There have been some hiccups along the way but Michael has been most helpful. AA eliminates mistakes that our interns or ourselves can make. It's nice when you can get something to prefill or calculate correctly without having to double check it. We're always adding to the table, which makes my job easier!

Here's a look at our Dynamic Value table, hopefully it can be of help to others.

0 Kudos