'Date' field displays in American format only - how to change this?

09-21-2018 08:19 AM
DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

I have a survey with a 'date' field that automatically displays dates in American format (month/day/year). The survey will be used by a large number of volunteer surveyors used to British date formats (day/month/year) so it is crucial this field is always displayed in this way.

As the ArcGIS administrator, I have set the 'Number and date format' to 'Great Britain' but this is seemingly not recognised by Survey123 - apparently this is a well-known bug (see Survey123 default date format). 

Eventually, the survey will be shared with 'Everyone (Public)' so any ArcGIS online settings wouldn't apply to our surveyors anyway. How can we make sure that this field is always displayed in British format whenever our surveyors open the survey using the web form as well as the app? I know that you can use a format-date function to make sure dates are displayed in the correct format in the survey output, but this won't change the way the field appears to the surveyor.

Thank you! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

Are you referring to the field app or web form?  I can see the behavior you are describing in the web form - I've filed an issue to address that.  The web form should first be using 1) your accounts locale and then 2) the locale specified by the browser to format dates.

0 Kudos
DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for your reply, James. Is there no way of forcing a specific date format on the web form no matter the locale then?

0 Kudos