Why won't my web layer show up as hosted?

Jump to solution
09-19-2018 01:46 PM
AmeliaNewsam
Occasional Contributor

I've tried publishing a hosted layer from ArcGIS Pro.  It succeeds, and shows up in my AGOL content, but not as hosted layer.  What am I doing wrong?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

It appears you've shared a layer package from ArcGIS Pro to ArcGIS Online. This packages up the dataset and layer properties, enabling you to readily share it through your portal to others who want to download and unpack it.

This page covers how to share a web feature layer from ArcGIS Pro, including hosted Feature Layers.

Hope this helps,

Chris

View solution in original post

13 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

How are you publishing? Can you provide a link to the service that is published?

0 Kudos
AmeliaNewsam
Occasional Contributor

I'm sharing as a hosted layer from within ArcGIS Pro.  Here's the link to the item description page on AGOL.

http://ucmerced.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=cc409fa3f8dd4b46abe3b34721f7dba3 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The layer is not shared publicly so I can't access it via that link. If you have access to Support you may want to open a case, they will be able to screen share with you and troubleshoot the issue.

0 Kudos
AmeliaNewsam
Occasional Contributor

OK, I don't know if I do or not, but will look into it. Thanks!

0 Kudos
AmeliaNewsam
Occasional Contributor

Actually, can I just share it and then you can look at it?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

sure, I still don't know if I will be able to figure it out or not but it's a place to start

0 Kudos
AmeliaNewsam
Occasional Contributor

OK, I just made it public.

0 Kudos
AmeliaNewsam
Occasional Contributor

One thing that may be the problem, after talking with my colleague, is that

the projection isn't correct. I didn't know that AGOL doesn't project on

the fly, so even though it allowed me to publish the layer, it won't be

openable online because of the projection problem. Does that sound likely?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

It appears you've shared a layer package from ArcGIS Pro to ArcGIS Online. This packages up the dataset and layer properties, enabling you to readily share it through your portal to others who want to download and unpack it.

This page covers how to share a web feature layer from ArcGIS Pro, including hosted Feature Layers.

Hope this helps,

Chris