batpro99

Can I use a State Plane Coordinate System?

Discussion created by batpro99 on Aug 8, 2013
Latest reply on Aug 12, 2013 by rthopper
I work for a county government.  All of our data is in the "NAD_1983_StatePlane_Minnesota_North_FIPS_2201_Feet" coordinate system.

I created a map and published it to our ArcGIS server as a service with mobile data access enabled.

I then brought that service into Mobile Project Center. 

I created another map for my basemap of an aerial photo also in the "NAD_1983_StatePlane_Minnesota_North_FIPS_2201_Feet" coordinate system. 

When I brought the raster tile .tpk into the arcgis mobile project center it would not draw and said that the coordinate systems must be the same.

They are all the same but the vector and basemap will not work together. I get that error every time.

I then projected all layers to web merc. aux. sphere and also sent the layer coordinate system to web merc. aux. sphere and then I was able to display both in Mobile project center.

I do not want to have another copy of all of our feature classes in web merc. since we use NAD_1983_StatePlane_Minnesota_North_FIPS_2201_Feet within our ArcMap.

We have  a fleet of 12 trimble T41 devices and I am trying to set up some data collection projects for ArcGIS Windows mobile and I would like for the users to be able to log on to ArcGIS Online to download the project and sync the data.

Can I avoid ArcGIS online and just connect to our server and us NAD_1983_StatePlane_Minnesota_North_FIPS_2201_Feet????

confused........please assist.

Thanks

Outcomes