Pull up Scanned Maps in the Field

Jump to solution
08-02-2018 08:12 AM
AlexGodfrey
New Contributor II

I work for a small utility company and I am in the process of scanning hundreds of old construction plans and as-builts from around the area. My plan is to georeference some of these maps and have them available for crews working in the field. I currently have it where some hand drawings can be accessed by links in the attribute tables but these are for single features. The drawings that I am scanning cover large areas and I am wondering what the best way would be so that if they are in an area, they could click on that area in the Collector App and the scanned map would show up. I have thought about making a Polygon layer that would outline the area covered by the maps, and adding links in the attributes for those polygons. The only issue there would be that many of these features may overlap or even encompass others (Smaller scale Overview drawings with multiple larger scale drawings within them). Does anyone have any suggestions on a good way to have these maps available to field workers so that they could click on a location and a scanned map pops up?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Alex, that's great to hear! If Leon's response helped answer your question, please click on Mark Correct on his response.

NathanBruce1
Occasional Contributor

Anyone have ideas for the alternative to getting around the 10mb limit on attachments?  Perhaps you are adding the documents directly to AGO being stored as files. 

We have a ton of multipage plans/profiles that are exceptionally large scanned pdf's that cannot be compressed further down beyond even 300mb in some instances. 

We are seeking out a way to have them stored in a geodatabase, although this doesn't appear to work with the Linux server setup we have in place; maybe someone has a better idea.

attachment management# image attachments   construction plans;#

pdf attachments‌

0 Kudos