Exporting to CAD in order to lasercut

10-12-2017 02:35 PM
VincentPignato
New Contributor

Hello,
I'm very new to using ArcGIS Pro and ArcMap. I only started about two weeks ago. Currently, I am trying to export from ArcGIS Pro 2.0 to AutoCAD 2015 in order to create a file to be lasercut. Whenever I use the export to CAD tool, it doesn't export to the right scale and it doesn't export the entire view frame properly.

I am trying to export this:

But it only gives me this:

I have it set to export only the view extend, but it still won't export everything I need. If anyone could tell me how to properly export this, that would be fantastic.

Thanks so much.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
StevenAustin
Esri Contributor

CAD_Team‌ ?  

0 Kudos
MarkCausley
Esri Contributor

Perhaps a question for ArcGIS Pro‌ group? 

Kirsten Pinkston

KirstenPinkston
Esri Contributor

Thanks Mark-- yes I think this is also a good question for the ArcGIS Pro space-- I'll move it there now

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Steven, what is this CAD Team? Perhaps it might be best placed in the CAD/GIS Data Integration‌ group.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Vincent, are you still having issues with this? Could you share your data here so we can check it out?

0 Kudos
DerrickWestoby
Occasional Contributor III

Oh man, this is my jam! 

@VincentPignato  - Are you still active (4 year old post)?

I picked up a laser cutter/engraver about 2 years ago to make 3D Topos and engraved maps with it.  I've made it through about 15 map projects with it so far.  Would love to talk shop with you if you're still active with Maps & Lasers. 

0 Kudos