Select by Polygon clears when panning (Pro)

Jump to solution
09-11-2018 02:09 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has anyone else had this issue in Pro? When using the Select by Polygon (or lasso, etc.) and panning using the center button on my mouse, the boundary I was drawing for the selection disappears and I have to start all over again. The only option seems to be selecting what I can see on the screen, panning, then adding to that selection. I never had a problem with this in desktop. Bug perhaps? I'm using Pro 2.2.2. This was an issue before the most recent update, too. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

More that an annoying little bug: https://community.esri.com/ideas/15223 

Works fine in Arc Map, wonder why the functionality was removed....

View solution in original post

8 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

do you know what the equivalent is of the central mouse button for those of us that don't have a central mouse button? I am wondering if it is a mouse mapping issue or an issue in the software

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm not sure. Probably just selecting, moving, then adding to the selection. I don't think it's a mouse mapping issue. When I put the same data into ArcGIS desktop I can use that center / scroll button just fine.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Keyboard shortcuts for navigation—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

I used the keyboard arrow keys

try a keyboard shortcut instead of the mouse and see if it bombs as well.

I can't pan when I have used the lasso tool since I don't have a mouse equivalent to your central mouse...

But I did get C plus left mouse drag to pan when lasso tool to work

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the suggestion. The selection still disappears if I hold C and pan with either the mouse or arrow keys. Guess it's just an annoying little bug.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Well I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.2.1 so you might want to file it as a 'bug' since pan and C and lasso all behave.

I will flag Kory Kramer‌ to see if he can replicate it.  

I didn't update to 2.2.2 because nothing in the issues addressed list was applicable to anything I do and seemed to be geared for a particular user group

Release notes for ArcGIS Pro 2.2—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Do you have anyone using an older version around?

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

More that an annoying little bug: https://community.esri.com/ideas/15223 

Works fine in Arc Map, wonder why the functionality was removed....

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

I logged this [BUG-000116714: Select by Polygon clears when panning]

As a workaround, aren't you able to finish a polygon selection, then pan, then hold Shift and draw another polygon, etc.?

Or set your interactive selection to Add to the current selection:

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, that's the only workaround that works for now. 

0 Kudos