Spike Integration help

09-10-2018 11:48 AM
RobertMEIER
Occasional Contributor

I just got my Spike device, created a feature service, created a form from it and configured the form for use with Spike. I had no problem getting a Distance measure using the spike question type.

But, I have been unsuccessful measuring areas with the spike-full-measure question type.

I tried using the sample survey form, let it create a service and then tried to measure areas, still no success.

I am not getting any errors, no measurements are populated in the Survey 123 form.

Is this a hardware/software/version issue?

Survey 123 v 3.0.134

Spike v. 1.7.7(1004)

Android v 6.0.1

Tablet: ASUS Model P00l

Also, I noticed the sample survey form has some calculations using this syntax in the json pulldata - 

Spike.objects.1.dimensions.0

and some using this syntax

Spike.objects[1].dimensions

Do both of these work?

Also in the blog post - https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2018/03/06/using-spike-with-survey123-for-arcgis 

The table describing standard tags populated by Spike has ImageDescription as imageDescription.

Sorry to throw all this out there.

Thanks!

-bert

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Robert,

The device you list is not on the tested devices list from Spike (see IkeGPS | Which Smartphones and Tablets are Suppor... ), but aside from that I do not see an issue with your setup.  If you are using the Spike Sample in the Samples Gallery, it should be working.  Just to check, the Spike app works by itself correctly (you are able to capture photos, measure areas, etc?)

0 Kudos
RobertMEIER
Occasional Contributor

I was just looking into that...

I have tried other devices and could not even install the Spike app, so when I was able to install the app and use it without any issues, I figured it would work with Survey 123. I didn't know how strict the list was.

I will have to find a device on the list and try it.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

The only issue would be if, for some reason, the Spike app is not able to write out the exif information into the image.  One thing to try would be to save an image from Spike and then examine the exif using a utility program.

0 Kudos
RobertMEIER
Occasional Contributor

that looks to be the issue. I do not see the ImageDescription in the EXIF information.

thanks!

0 Kudos