Custom Form Report Template - Multiple Choice Questions

Jump to solution
09-29-2017 11:56 AM
AprilChipman
Occasional Contributor III

I am trying to print all selections from a multiple choice survey question into a custom report form. I've read the blog and compared it to the hint on the Survey123 Data page, but am still unable to get my selected items to print with a checkbox beside the selected items.

I've got the selected items to print as a list with commas. I've got the list to print as a bulleted list. But I can't get the checkboxes to print.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

the above code gets the below error.

whereas, this code works fine, but doesn't print anything with checkboxes.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi April,

The selected syntax is a little bit off - it should be

${Equipment | selected:'1'} Meter

${Equipment | selected:'2'} Transformer

As an FYI, the @ symbol in the field name is used when a processing step needs to access additional information not in the form's response (in the case of bullets, the full list of options).

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi April,

The selected syntax is a little bit off - it should be

${Equipment | selected:'1'} Meter

${Equipment | selected:'2'} Transformer

As an FYI, the @ symbol in the field name is used when a processing step needs to access additional information not in the form's response (in the case of bullets, the full list of options).

AprilChipman
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks, James! It works perfectly now! 

Regarding the @ symbol comment.... Does that mean there are more things than bullets we can do with 'appearance'? Is there a list somewhere, or is it the same as the list in Survey123Connect?

0 Kudos
OussamaMerhi
New Contributor II

how can I use single selection in reporting. I tried it as check boxes but it didn't work

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Oussama,

It's very similar to do it for a Single Choice question ("select_one"):

${singleChoice1 | selected:"choice1"} Lable of Choice1

You can actually copy the sample code from the field mapping table in Data page of the Survey123 website as below:

0 Kudos
OussamaMerhi
New Contributor II

Thanks it works very well

0 Kudos