Importing an app after upgrading WAB Dev edition?

Jump to solution
04-12-2017 10:42 AM
RichardHughes2
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

After upgrading to the newest version of WAV Dev Edition 2.4, I'd like to not have to recreate my apps.  Is there a documented workflow or does esri not support this?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
daveostrander
Occasional Contributor II

If you were following the upgrade documentation then you likely saw that the command line syntax listed in the help for the old version states, "Your previous version of the Web AppBuilder installation directory is similar to C:\arcgis-web-appbuilder-1.0". If you use this path you will receive the invalid path error. Try using C:\arcgis-web-appbuilder-2.7\WebAppBuilderForArcGIS instead.

JenniferKuntz2
New Contributor III

Thank you so much for posting this - the missing WebAppBuilderForArcGIS caused my problem. Jianxia Song - it would be great if Esri could update this page https://developers.arcgis.com/web-appbuilder/guide/upgrade-apps.htm Not sure if updating that page is your thing, but maybe you can send the request to the right people. I didn't see a feedback button on the page.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

What is the path that you are trying to use? I normally run the command prompt window as the administrator on the computer to avoid and permission issues.

0 Kudos
AntoniosMamalis
New Contributor

From your command prompt screenshot it seems that your command has no "app id" after directory, according to the documentation guide . That's why you get this error i think.

0 Kudos