building iOS Mobile App GPS/Driving Directions/Navigation

02-06-2013 10:10 PM
FaisalSabri
New Contributor
Hi ,

Is there an intention to have some thing in iOS SDK to use car navigation with voice, tilting and directions Like StreetMap SDK for the iOS applications?

this will allows developers to build custom mobile mapping and navigation applications for personal navigation devices and in-vehicle systems.

Thanks .
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RickJones
Occasional Contributor II
0 Kudos
FaisalSabri
New Contributor
Dear Rick ,

Thanks for the link , i have already checked it before posting my Thread , and i have already done something like that , what i really need is to have something to make it like a car navigation application , to auto recalculate the route when the user is out of the Route Direction , to make Text Speech for the Directions ..

but it seems that the iOS SDK does not support some thing like this ..

Thanks ..
0 Kudos
AlaaB__Rasheed
New Contributor
Any updates on this ?!

Back in the old days we were able to develop a navigation system by using the street map sdk and sdc data and the result could be as perfect as the navigation system of any decent automobile company, but now with ArcGIS run-time you only have the navigation mode of a map which does not even provide the look and feel of navigation. Are there any plans regarding this? and what about 3D-mapping or semi-3D-mapping on mobile with ArcGIS runtime?

Regards..
Alaa B. Rasheed
0 Kudos
ManasaParida
New Contributor III

Any Answer for this question because i am also looking for the same kind of functionality.

0 Kudos