How to view an ArcGIS Online hosted feature service's domains in ArcGIS PRO?

10-25-2017 02:29 PM
CinthiaEichhorn
New Contributor III

I have added an ArcGIS Online (AGOL) feature layer from a hosted feature service to ArcPro using the Add Data From Path.  I can create features and have the domain pick-lists available for the attribute fields.  However, when I review the Domains from the  Data>Fields, there is not a domain table listed under the Domain column.  If I go to Data>Domains again the domains are not visible.  How do you view the domain tables of an AGOL feature layer displayed in ArcGIS Pro?

5 Replies
RobertMEIER
Occasional Contributor

I have the same problem, any solutions yet?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

See this idea: Change Domain in ArcGIS Online via ArcGIS Pro 

Currently, this isn't possible directly in Pro.  But you can download and install the ArcGIS Solutions Deployment Tool | ArcGIS Solutions 

In Pro, launch the tool from the Share tab:

and in the tasks go to 3. Modify Domains:

It would also be good for you to up vote the idea and provide your user stories in the Comments.

Hope this helps in the meantime.

ShanaGail1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kory,

I used the tool you suggested and it helped me add and modify domains to my HFL.  Thanks!  However, I'm not able to work with them in the attribute table in Pro.  There is a message that says "The domains for this workspace are read-only."  I can only see the domains when I'm looking at item in AGOL.  Is that a known and intentional limitation?

Thanks,

Shana

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

This is a known limitation, currently.  There is an idea here https://community.esri.com/ideas/12962 .

It is functionality that our dev teams will be working on and I'm sure we'll see a more seamless experience in a future release.  Hope this helps!

ShanaGail1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks!

0 Kudos