Intersection and Midpoint Tools: Where are they?

Jump to solution
06-26-2017 09:13 AM
ChrisRado
New Contributor II

In arcgis-pro-1.4.1, what happened to the Intersection and Midpoint tools from the ArcMap #editor toolbar feature construction palette? They were the most useful tools there besides Trace.

I can't find anything in the ArcGIS Pro Online Help about them. Are they still available to be added as a Customization or are they not currently included?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LarryYoung
Esri Contributor

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the post and your inquiry.  We have moved over the majority of editing capabilities from ArcMap into ArcGIS Pro and added many additional new capabilities.  There are still a few things that we still need to add and Intersection and Midpoint happen to be two of them.  These are on our list, but we've lately been concentrating on annotation, the utility network, and 3D editing. We will get to these tools, but probably not within the next release or two.

thanks, larry

View solution in original post

4 Replies
LarryYoung
Esri Contributor

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the post and your inquiry.  We have moved over the majority of editing capabilities from ArcMap into ArcGIS Pro and added many additional new capabilities.  There are still a few things that we still need to add and Intersection and Midpoint happen to be two of them.  These are on our list, but we've lately been concentrating on annotation, the utility network, and 3D editing. We will get to these tools, but probably not within the next release or two.

thanks, larry

deleted-user-rp_hJ26JziXS
New Contributor

Hi Larry,

Is it still not in the ArcPro 2.2 release? I was looking for it as well. I was just ready to hop over to 2.2 after the conference and then boom. Now worries, I shall wait. 

Thanks, Emily

MatthewDriscoll
MVP Alum

I too would like a timeline for this.  I have twenty users waiting to switch to Pro since 2.0, but our main editors need these tools for precision editing, and some other basic Desktop tools, before we can switch.        

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Chris - it appears the Midpoint editing tool will be available in the next release of AGP 2.3