City Engine Flyover

05-24-2013 10:27 AM
LukeCzar
New Contributor III
Hi Matthias,

I have a question, so there is a PLAY button in WEB SCENE to see the video of flying over the buildings , it there anything like that in CITY ENGINE? without having exporting the whole project into Web Scene? I would like to record a short video presenting our Campus, but the file is to big for web scene?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Lukaszczar,

To emulate this flyover effect in CityEngine, use the keyboard shortcuts for the bookmarked camera positions. The star-shaped icon on the viewport window has the bookmark controls. In there you can see that the number-pad keys are used as shortcuts to the camera bookmarks. You can sequentially hit each of these keys to move through the bookmarks, which is essentially what the "play" function in the web scene is doing. If it flies too fast or too slow, then under Edit>Preferences>General>Viewport, there is an Animation Time, that you can adjust (500ms = 0.5 seconds). To capture the flythrough, try Camtasia or another screen capture software, and make sure to use powerful machine to make video capture best possible.

Does this help?

Chris
0 Kudos
Kirsi-MariaViljanen
New Contributor

Hello,

I try to adjust Animation Time 500ms to 50ms. The Viewport don`t save my settings. When I open the Viewport again, there is again 500ms. I want to slow down my web scene flying so this is important. Can someone help me?

Kirsi

0 Kudos
Kirsi-MariaViljanen
New Contributor

My CityEngine version is 2018.0. I can change the animation timefrom Edit>Preferences>General>Viewport, there is an Animation Time but if you look animation time from sceneview (pull star and edit bookmarks) time is again 500ms. If you export your data to webscene the flying is still fast.

0 Kudos
CherylLau
Esri Regular Contributor

This is a bug that the setting is not saved when you do it through the Edit Bookmarks window.  Instead, please go to Edit -> Preferences -> General -> Viewport, and this should work.

0 Kudos
LukeCzar
New Contributor III
Great!!!! just what I needed,

Thank you Chris
0 Kudos
LukeCzar
New Contributor III
Chris,

One more thing, so I created many bookmarks but I need more shortcuts - the one I have already are from Num 0-9 , can I assign new buttons to the rest of my bookmarks?

Lukasz
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
There are only 10 bookmarks (0 to 9) exposed as commands through the keyboard preferences dialog, so I'm doubting it is possible to attach keys to those past #9.

Chris
0 Kudos
LukeCzar
New Contributor III
Ok thanks, I guess I will record flyover then I will pause the video, delete first 10 bookmarks, and then I will continue

Thanks Chris
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
If the video is your final production step, then you could duplicate the scene file (.cej) and then assign the extra bookmarks in that scene. You would want to do this last, because you are forking your scene at this point, and will probably want to discard the duplicate scenes when done, if you wish to further modify the original scene after making the videos.

Chris
0 Kudos