How to format outline of all point symbols when using graduated colors?

Jump to solution
10-25-2017 07:54 AM
KevinDyke
New Contributor II

I have a feature class of points in a number of classes that I want to remove the outline for (set width to 0). Although I can tediously click on each symbol and access the Layers dialog under Properties, and from there alter the color/width, there's no option to do so under Format All Symbols, as with Polygon feature classes.

If there's no "format all symbols" option for point outline, is there a way to set a default point symbology that leaves out the outline?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
4 Replies
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

So I logged a bug on this, and the response was "Not in Current Product Plan: When more than one symbol is selected, you can only access the basic properties of the symbols. Addressing this limitation is under consideration for a future release. See the first cell in the first table here: http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/mapping/symbols-and-styles/modify-symbols.htm"

My work-around is: Set symbology to unique values, More -> Format All Symbols, pick the black circle, which makes them all black, back to Primary Symbology, pick a new color ramp, which achieves the desires result.

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor
KevinDyke
New Contributor II

Thanks Xander! As you mention in that post, it does make sense to start with the closest match in the gallery, then customize from there.

0 Kudos