EXIF Function Error in Survey123 Web

Jump to solution
07-11-2018 08:20 PM
EmilynMabini
New Contributor II

Hi, 

Why is it that the exif function to get the metadata of the photo is not functioning in the Survey123 Web Version but it works fine in the Desktop version. Is there an equivalent function of exif in the survey123 Web so I can still display the metadata of the geotagged photo?

Desktop Version

Web Version

Please help me. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Emilyn

There are a couple of differences in the way the web app handles EXIF compared to Connect:

• Currently, the pulldata @EXIF function does not work if there are any other strings/chars in the same cell of the the function -  e.g. you can't put a string() function around the pulldata function.
  • Currently, the pulldata @EXIF function does not work if there are additional questions as inputs ${ }, other than the image question. See the following examples:
    • pulldata("@exif", ${image}, "gpslatitude") - will work
    • string(pulldata("@exif", ${image}, "gpslatitude")) - will not work

If you stick to the above rules, your survey will work.

Thanks

John

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Emilyn

There are a couple of differences in the way the web app handles EXIF compared to Connect:

• Currently, the pulldata @EXIF function does not work if there are any other strings/chars in the same cell of the the function -  e.g. you can't put a string() function around the pulldata function.
  • Currently, the pulldata @EXIF function does not work if there are additional questions as inputs ${ }, other than the image question. See the following examples:
    • pulldata("@exif", ${image}, "gpslatitude") - will work
    • string(pulldata("@exif", ${image}, "gpslatitude")) - will not work

If you stick to the above rules, your survey will work.

Thanks

John

EmilynMabini
New Contributor II

Hi Johnathan,

Thanks for answering my question. Yes the 'pulldata("@exif", ${image}, "gpslatitude")' works fine. The image is in a repeat so once I click the "plus" icon to add an attachment the coordinates metadata are being pulled from the first attachment. However the 'pulldata("@exif",${image},"ImageDateTime")'   is not working. See screenshots below.

Picture 1: Before clicking the "Plus Icon"

Picture 2: After clicking the "Plus Icon"

Thank you,

Emilyn

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Emilyn - I have replicated the issue and have raised it with our development team.

I'll update this post when I know more.

Thanks

John

JodyZhengLiu
Esri Contributor

Hi Emilyn,

This has been fixed in the web app and will be available for our next release (version 3.4) late May. Would you please have a try then?

Thanks and best regards,

Jody Zheng Liu 

EmilynMabini
New Contributor II

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos