Allowed Mosaic Method by Attribute: Custom field not listed

07-11-2018 07:15 AM
BrendanDischinger
New Contributor II

I have a derived time-enabled mosaic dataset sourced from multiple mosaic datasets containing imagery grouped by year of acquisition. I'am trying to set the Allows Mosaic Methods to ByAttribute and use a new string field I've added to the attribute table named "Year". However, in the pull down menu the "Year" field is not listed. I've indexed the Year field and confirmed that is in enabled under allowed fields. I'm using desktop 10.5.1. Any ideas as to why the added Year field will not display as an option under byAttribute?

3 Replies
PeterBecker
Esri Regular Contributor

Look in mosaic dataset properties / default. There is a property called 'Allowed Fields' This defines the list of fields that the client applications may query for. Your new field must be included in this list/

BrendanDischinger
New Contributor II

Thanks for the response Peter. Yes, I checked that the field is enabled under Allowed Fields. Still doesn't display in list for byAttribute.

0 Kudos
AndrewLeason
Esri Contributor

Brendan, I've just been going through GeoNet and saw your post. I believe that the issue is something that you mentioned in the post. Your "Year" field is a string. The list of attributes allowed for the mosaic method are all numbers. If you notice fields like "GroupName", "ProductName" and "Tag" are not available either. 

0 Kudos