Workflow Manager Group Properties Column for Email too Small

Jump to solution
06-21-2018 07:40 AM
anayoung
New Contributor III

Hello,

When I tried to add an email to the Group Properties profile I received a message that says that the column value exceeds maximum length. Where are the settings for this column's width?

I have attached a screen shot for reference.

Thanks,

Ana

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
XiaomengZheng
Esri Contributor

Hi Ana,

Your group email string has reached the max length of "Email" field in JTX_User_Groups table in your Workflow Manager database. I think the default length is 100. 

If your user group has many members, will it be possible in your organization to create an email alias for such groups? This will solve your issue for putting extremely long string in group email field.

You can also work with your organization DBA to increase the max length for Email field

View solution in original post

3 Replies
XiaomengZheng
Esri Contributor

Hi Ana,

Your group email string has reached the max length of "Email" field in JTX_User_Groups table in your Workflow Manager database. I think the default length is 100. 

If your user group has many members, will it be possible in your organization to create an email alias for such groups? This will solve your issue for putting extremely long string in group email field.

You can also work with your organization DBA to increase the max length for Email field

anayoung
New Contributor III

Hi Xiaomeng,

Thank you for your response. I will investigate creating the alias's, as you recommend. We have 5 people in this particular group currently but only four people's emails can fit in the field. We will most likely gain more people too. So, we need to find a solution to this problem. 

I will try to get back here to post my findings.

Sincerely,

Ana

0 Kudos
anayoung
New Contributor III

Hello Xiaomeng,

I had our technical services team create a group email for those who should receive the notifications for jobs. That worked! Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,

Ana