is javascript api and public maps are free to use ?

07-06-2018 05:25 AM
gizgigizgi
New Contributor

Hi, if i do a site with arcgis api for javascript 4.8 and use public available arcgis basemaps and tiled services. İs it free or not. Question is simple answer simple please

0 Kudos
12 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Adem,

There is no simple way to answer this question about legal use of the API without much more details on your use. See this thread.

https://community.esri.com/thread/172234 

Your best way to get a 100% answer is to contact your local esri office.

0 Kudos
gizgigizgi
New Contributor

this is not answer

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

The only correct answer is for you to contact your local esri office and explain your use case and they are the only ones that can give you the answer you are looking for. Simply put we can give you an answer to what we think but esri customer support is the only ones that can give to a definitive answer.

0 Kudos
gizgigizgi
New Contributor

it is a simple question. i use javascript api and esri's maps not other things. is it free or not. 

0 Kudos
gizgigizgi
New Contributor

More detail. 
Doing this site is free or not ?

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<meta name="viewport" content="initial-scale=1,maximum-scale=1,user-scalable=no">
<title>Intro to SceneView - Create a 3D map - 4.8</title>
<style>
html,
body,
#viewDiv {
padding: 0;
margin: 0;
height: 100%;
width: 100%;
}
</style>

<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://js.arcgis.com/4.8/esri/css/main.css">
<script src="https://js.arcgis.com/4.8/"></script>

<script>
require([
"esri/Map",
"esri/views/SceneView",
"dojo/domReady!"
], function(Map, SceneView) {

var map = new Map({
basemap: "streets",
ground: "world-elevation"
});

var view = new SceneView({
container: "viewDiv",
map: map,
scale: 50000000,
center: [-101.17, 21.78]
});

});
</script>
</head>

<body>
<div id="viewDiv"></div>
</body>
</html>

0 Kudos
ReneRubalcava
Frequent Contributor

The bare minimum is to sign up for a free developer account.

Licensing & Attribution | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.8 

Excerpt:

While you are developing and testing your application, you can use the free Essentials Plan of the ArcGIS Developer Subscription. Before deploying your app in production, you will need to ensure that your application meets one of the following requirements:

1. Uses data and/or services from ArcGIS Online. Requirements for deploying an app that uses Online are described in the Production licensing requirements.
  2. Uses data and/or services from your licensed ArcGIS Enterprise.
  3. If the app does not use ArcGIS Online nor ArcGIS Enterprise, you must ensure that you have the correct licensing for your use case. If your app is for public, non-revenue generating, non-government, non-commercial use, the free Essentials Developer plan is sufficient. If you're going to generate revenue or are using the app for government or business purposes, you'll have to purchase a paid ArcGIS Online Deployment Plan when you're ready to deploy your app to production (even if your app does not use ArcGIS Online data/services).

As long as one of the above criteria is met, no additional licensing is required when deploying apps built with the ArcGIS API for JavaScript to production.

ChristopherSchreiber
Occasional Contributor II

If your app is being sold for profit, then you would need the ArcGIS Online deployment Plan.

However, If you already have an ArcGIS Online Organization, you do not need to purchase the deployment plan. 

See: Terms of Use - FAQ | ArcGIS for Developers 

You may be able to supplement buying the ArcGIS Deployment Plan if you have an ArcGIS Enterprise License as well. I am not sure on this.

As Robert Scheitlin, GISP‌ suggested above, it would be best to contact Esri directly to seek answers to these questions. Esri's Licensing can be quite confusing at times. 

I hope this helps. 

Chris

0 Kudos
gizgigizgi
New Contributor

i asked a simple question you say bla bla bla bla bla bla.... if i go to esri office what is this blog for ?

my question is simple 

This is my site. is it free or not yes or no ? Dont say bla bla bla dont copy paste anything yes or no ?

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<meta name="viewport" content="initial-scale=1,maximum-scale=1,user-scalable=no">
<title>Intro to SceneView - Create a 3D map - 4.8</title>
<style>
html,
body,
#viewDiv {
padding: 0;
margin: 0;
height: 100%;
width: 100%;
}
</style>

<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://js.arcgis.com/4.8/esri/css/main.css">
<script src="https://js.arcgis.com/4.8/"></script>

<script>
require([
"esri/Map",
"esri/views/SceneView",
"dojo/domReady!"
], function(Map, SceneView) {

var map = new Map({
basemap: "streets",
ground: "world-elevation"
});

var view = new SceneView({
container: "viewDiv",
map: map,
scale: 50000000,
center: [-101.17, 21.78]
});

});
</script>
</head>

<body>
<div id="viewDiv"></div>
</body>
</html>

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Adem,

To put it simply you are asking for legal interpretation of esri terms of use (no mater how simple you think this question is). The GeoNet community is for providing help advice and code samples, etc from community members and we can not speak for Esri on legal matters. No one is try to give you the run around but what you think is a simple question could actually be a very complex question based on may factors that esri customer support is trained to handle.

0 Kudos