ArcGIS Pro 2.2.0 and Python Package Manager

Jump to solution
06-27-2018 11:00 AM
MitchHolley1
MVP Regular Contributor

I updated to Pro 2.2.0 today and noticed the default python environment is now read-only.  The previously downloaded packages I had were wiped out with the new update.  I need to get the package, spyder, back into my environment.  So, I cloned the arcgispro-py3 environment in order to make the install. 

Notice that the window says, "Restart ArcGIS Pro for your environment changes to take effect."

So, I clicked 'Exit'. 

After the program restarted, I no longer have a cloned environment to select.

Can someone please help?

112 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

I just got a response from technical support and they are aware of the issue.

My recommendation if for anyone encountering this issue to contact Esri Technical Support and get attached to the defect(s) that apply.

BUG-000112192 - Unable to activate a new Project Environment using the Python Package Manager

BUG-000111732 - Failed to activate a newly created Python environment in ArcGIS Pro

--- George T.
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Following your suggestion I'm attached.  Seems like a show stopper to me; hope the get it fixed pronto!

George Thompson

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Maybe if we can get this upvoted, we can have package management AND documentation access to associated packages as the same time.

https://community.esri.com/ideas/14817 

A small patch thanks to Anon (for now) enables this instead of using conda and/or the package manager and/or in conjunction with it

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

S.W on Beta 2.2 suggested a fix to the conda_api.py script that enabled Anaconda Navigator to be installed and useable.  I implemented the fix and cloned the environment using it.  About to test... but it is there without any other dance steps.

I am sure another solution for those that don't need Anaconda Navigator will be found.

JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Glad to see the beta program is identifying these issues with new functionality and addressing them before release.  Oh wait....

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

just had to install through conda instead of the package manager in Beta... In fact, you can still do it now, there are no roadblocks to conda install anything... but it would be best to have a 'clone' around

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I'm waiting for a fix.  

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Isn't the silence around this exciting though!

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Deafening....

edited to add:

In an email from ESRI tech-support I'm told:

Thanks for reaching out. Development recently commented that BUG-000112192 is fixed in the current Beta ArcGIS Pro version. So, it looks like a fix will be pushed out in the next publicly available patch. I hope that we see this soon, but I unfortunately don't have a definitive time frame. 

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

yeah.. it was found in Beta 2.2 (and reported as far as I can remember)

But why wasn't it fixed before release?  That is where I came up with my workarounds