Can you access Sent surveys database on device?

06-21-2018 06:14 AM
BrentKinal1
Occasional Contributor III

I posted a question(Resending survey from "Sent" after form update due to error in original) the other day, wondering if it is possible to resend data from "Sent" surveys after updating the form but saw no responses. I had published a form using a "Null" field in a pulldata() calculation but forgot to add the csv file to pull from  and now have 400 records missing data in a crucial field. The null values still seem to be on the devices when viewed from the sent surveys so I was first thinking if I added the csv to the media folder and republished the survey that it would update the record, this didn't work. so my second thought is that the data must reside on the device somewhere, is there a way that I can have all of my users send me the "sent' surveys data base

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
SMauri
by

Hi Brent,

and why not modify directly the FLH of your Survey123 using "Calculate Field" function on your loaded in ArcGIS Pro? Without need to open every 400 record on your device?

Anyway...yes, data is on your device in a sqlite database and you can editing with this software: DB Browser for SQLite. But for me is much more fast to manipulate data in ArcGIS platform.

Cheers

Stefano

0 Kudos
BrentKinal1

Hi Stefano,  Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately without knowing the value of the field that was used in the pulldata calculation (since it was set to Null in the form) I do not know what value to calculate for each record using ArcGIS pro. I think accessing the sqlite.db from each device is the only solution, kind of a huge nightmare but hopefully solvable.

0 Kudos