Drone2Map samples not processing — not yet answered

07-25-2016 11:52 AM
SUSANMYERS
New Contributor III

Hi—Have downloaded trial Drone2Map, and while trying out a few of the samples, once I click Start to process a sample, following the steps provided, the bottom status bar appears to be processing for a few seconds, and then it returns to "Ready   Completed.", showing 100% in the status bar, but no 2D Products and no 3D Products are added to the project as is stated in the sample instructions.  What am I missing, or is it still processing in the background?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
27 Replies
AnthonyMason
Esri Contributor

Don,

Could you try disabling your graphics card and running Drone2Map again?

Thanks

Tony

0 Kudos
DonSolleder1
New Contributor III

Hi Anthony, thanks for responding.

I tried disabling my graphics card but that made my screen resolution terrible and caused D2M to crash even faster.

If it is any help the problem seems to be isolated to my Dell Precision M4800 laptop. My desktop workstation runs it fine and has not crashed it yet.

Cheers

Don

0 Kudos
AngelaGruber
New Contributor II

I know this is an old thread, but the info here has been helpful.  We were experiencing the same problem as the original poster.  I checked all solutions mentioned in this thread and none of them worked for me except for Anthony's suggestion about disabling the graphics card.  That solved the issue for me.  I know that some are still having issues unrelated to the graphics card, but hopefully this will help others.

0 Kudos
AndrewRMurray
New Contributor

I'm having similar issues but initially when I load the 3D project, the image points don't show up, and there is nothing in my contents pane with the exception of the basemap layers.  If I click image properties, all of my sample images appear (I'm using the ESRI tutorial data) but nothing in the actual application.  If I process, I get results in my folders but no visualization in D2M.  I installed Visual C++ 2008 redistributable x64 and reinstalled D2M with no affect.  I can even open a 3d pdf and seean interactive 3d model through the 3D builder app  that I guess comes with windows 10, but nothing in arcgis.  I tried pulling the .spk file into pro but nothing worked there either.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
ClairePook
New Contributor

Hi Andrew,

I've just installed Drone2Map 1.0.1.498 and experiencing the same. I upload my images, and they appear in the Image Properties dialog, but not on my main map screen. The only thing in my Contents Pane is the base map layers.

Have you had any luck resolving this?

Thanks,

Claire

0 Kudos
SUSANMYERS
New Contributor III

Hi Claire Pook,

Anthony Mason identified that something in our server security settings was quarantining a Drone2Map executable and preventing the software from working properly.  I am not sure what our network guys changed in our server's security settings, but they identified it quickly when I let them know and once that was done, Drone2Map was happy and began to work properly.  

0 Kudos
AndrewRMurray
New Contributor

Hey Claire, so I did finally get it working.  I think it was the Microsoft Visual install.  Once I installed that, I reinstalled drone2map, and rebooted everything it started working fine.

0 Kudos
SebastienBLANC1
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I made an ortho-image, but when I import the GPS coordinates via the GCP manager to link them, a 1m gap appears between the red crosses and the GCP.
I would like ton know why is there a gap and how to fix it ?

Thank you.

0 Kudos