Citizen Problem Reporter - ability to export reports?

06-11-2018 02:29 PM
ChristopherDombkowski
New Contributor

Is there a way to export reports on a weekly/monthly/annual basis? If not is this in the roadmap? I've looked around in the Reporter and Manager configurations and can't find a way to do this. This would be a nice feature for department managers who need periodic updates on new problems along with their statuses and communications.

Also is there a way to better manage existing problem categories on the "submit report" page so that common items don't appear as duplicates? EX: Pothole (3). It would be nice to be able to group them together. Anyone figure this out?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AllisonMuise1
Occasional Contributor III

Christopher Dombkowski

There are several ways to export features - from the export button on the Details page of the layer, and using the Table to Table GP tool in ArcGIS Pro are two examples that let you choose the export format. The Table to Table tool could also be written into a very simple Python script that could be scheduled to run automatically on a schedule using a tool such as Windows Task Scheduler.

Another option for the workflow you mention would be a configuration of Operations Dashboard that could provide easy summary visualization with options to compare to previous time periods, benchmarks, etc, as well as the ability to drill down to specific reports.

Regarding your question about duplicates: I believe you are referring to multiple reports of the same type, and these look like duplicates in the list of existing reports because they have the same name. If this is the case, there isn't a way to group them in the list because, other than the selected report type, these likely have few attributes in common. To make the title of each report a bit more identifiable and unique, I suggest editing the title of the popup to include other attributes such as the request ID, status, report address, reporter name, or report date.

If I have misunderstood where you are seeing duplicates, please share a screenshot and I'll revise my answer.

Regards,

Allison

ChrisDombkowski
New Contributor

Hi Allison,

Thank you - glad to know we have options for exporting reports. I guess I was focusing too much on the Reporter and Manager side of things. Using the Table to Table tool in Pro along with the script sounds like a perfect solution. What we might do in the long run is create a web map with all the feature services and use it with the Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS, which seems to allow a bit more querying and reporting capabilities than the built in dashboard.

Thank you again for providing this info!

Sincerely,

Chris

0 Kudos