Utility Network for Utility Network Management Extension (Esri)

01-25-2018 05:03 PM
SpatialNinja
Esri Regular Contributor

With the release of ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6 and ArcGIS Pro 2.1, the Utility Network Management extension is offered as a comprehensive solution to managing utility and telecom networks (telecom model not available with first release). Core tools within the Utility Network Toolbox can be used to create and configure the utility network. For automation purposes, the Utility Network Package Tools from the ArcGIS solutions team are available with asset packages for electric, gas, and water domains.

Use this discussion thread to voice any questions and discuss the new Utility Network on the Utility Network Management Extension.  Learn More: https://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2018/01/23/vision-and-overview-of-the-utility-network/

Thanks,

ArcGIS Utilities Team

Join the Discussion Below!

Solutions Engineer | Spatial Ninja  | GIS ️ | Telecommunications
75 Replies
rajeshkumarg1
New Contributor III

Error executing tool.

ERROR 001487: Failed to update the published service with the server-side data location.

ERROR 001369: Failed to create the service. Failed to execute (Publish Service Definition). Failed. Failed to execute (Publish Service Definition).

0 Kudos
GrietaMitchell2
New Contributor

Would like to know when we can expect the telecom model to be available?

0 Kudos
HowardCrothers
Esri Contributor

We anticipate releasing the Telecommunications Utility Network Configuration, which will include the telecom data model, during Q3 of 2019.  We will keep this post up to date with the status -   Esri Utility Network Configuration and Migration Tool Status 

0 Kudos
GrietaMitchell2
New Contributor

Hi Howard

Is it possible to do beta testing? We are Esri South Africa’s biggest private Telecoms customer.

Thanks

0 Kudos
HowardCrothers
Esri Contributor

It's not currently possible to do beta testing. As we get further into development we'll have a better sense of whether it will be feasible to do a preview release of the Telecommunication Utility Network Configuration.

0 Kudos
HungTruong
New Contributor III

Hi Team,

I successfully published Gas Utility Network to my portal. However, when I try to deploy Gas Network Editor and Gas Netowrk Viewer v1.1, I got an error message: "Fail to find Feature Service Gas Utility Network - Master Service in your Organization", as shown below.

How this could be fixed?

Thanks,

Hung Truong

AltaGas Utilities Inc.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

If you search your portal for this - tags:source-1127763d78de479b831e90a0d3f8bd7a, does the feature service show up?  The Solution Deployment Tools is using this to find the service in your org.  We are revising this process and with the release next week, you will be able to select your target feature service

0 Kudos
HungTruong
New Contributor III

Yes, it shows up in the search

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

The tool is unable to find it in your portal then.  You might need to use Fiddler to determine why pro cannot find that service.  The solutions deployment tool is using a version of the python api to connect to the portal.  

If you open the python window in ArcGIS Pro and enter the following code:

from arcgis.gis import GIS
portal = GIS('pro')
portal.users.me

0 Kudos
HungTruong
New Contributor III

Hi Michael,

the command:

from arcgis.gis import GIS

portal = GIS('pro')

and got error messages, trace to the most important one: ssl.SSLError: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:833)

I use self-sign certificate for our portal.

I tried this command: portal = GIS('pro', 'verify_cert=False')

Pro just kept running/processing for a long time, nothing really happened.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Hung Truong

0 Kudos