Connectivity issue in a multimodal network

Jump to solution
06-08-2018 07:15 AM
AlfonsoDodero
New Contributor III
Hello to all,
despite my experience in using the Network Analyst extension for ArcGIS, I'm finding  issues applying some principles of multimodal networks in my model:
as you can see from the attached samples, I have two transport networks "Ordinary_Roads" and "Service_Roads". I want interchange points  to be on the segment's edge. To do this I've created  connectivity groups and set the connectivity policy of the point as honor, while for the two networks are End Points. Unfortunately I didn't get the desired results and in the simple test you can see no routes are found between the two stops.
the two networksConnectivity policiesNetwor identify
Having any tips?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

I can't tell from your pictures, but does the red service road have endpoints at the location of the green junction?  I'm guessing it does not, and if this is the case, then I see why there is no connection.  Your Dummy_point connectivity policy is set to Honor, so a connection requires end points for both the Service_roads and Ordinary_roads features.  If you set the Dummy_point connectivity policy to Override, then it will override the end point requirement and allow connections at vertices.  This means you do not need end points in the red service road at the location of the green junction, but you do need to have a vertex if there isn't one already.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

I can't tell from your pictures, but does the red service road have endpoints at the location of the green junction?  I'm guessing it does not, and if this is the case, then I see why there is no connection.  Your Dummy_point connectivity policy is set to Honor, so a connection requires end points for both the Service_roads and Ordinary_roads features.  If you set the Dummy_point connectivity policy to Override, then it will override the end point requirement and allow connections at vertices.  This means you do not need end points in the red service road at the location of the green junction, but you do need to have a vertex if there isn't one already.

AlfonsoDodero
New Contributor III

Thanks melinda, you've been very clear.

0 Kudos