Can't find Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6 Web App

Jump to solution
05-18-2018 09:22 AM
Jay_Gregory
Occasional Contributor III

I'm a little confused on how to configure operations dashboard web app for ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.  I have used the desktop app to create Operations views, which I can save back to my Poral and see as items in my content, but there is only an option to view the operations views using the desktop app.  I'm unsure what I have to do to enable Portal to use the web app to interact with operations view (or create operations views).  Any help here?

The instructions at Deploy Operations Dashboard to Portal for ArcGIS—Portal for ArcGIS (10.4.1) | ArcGIS Enterprise say to download OperationsDashboardUtility.exe from the MyEsri site, but all I could find in my Esri under ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6 downloads is Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS 1.0.  

This post (https://community.esri.com/community/gis/applications/operations-dashboard-for-arcgis/blog/2018/01/2... ) says to use Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS 1.0, but I'm unclear what for or what instructions to follow...  

Ultimately, I want to be able to use the web app to view and create operations dashboards, and I can't now.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jay,

> ... but I'm unclear what for or what instructions to follow ... Ultimately, I want to be able to use the web app to view and create operations dashboards, and I can't now.

Since you are using Portal for ArcGIS 10.6, you should use the latest web-browser based Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS release, which is 1.0. I don't recommend that you continue to use the Windows-desktop release.

For Portal 10.6, Operations Dashboard is available as a separate download from MyEsri - which it looks like you found. Please run the installer on the same machine where Portal 10.6 is installed. The install wizard is pretty straightforward. Once the install is complete, re-start the Portal for ArcGIS service and you should now see Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS available within Portal.

FYI, this might help:

https://community.esri.com/thread/206802-esri-live-training-seminar-on-operations-dashboard-for-arcg... 

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DerekLaw

Hi Jay,

> ... but I'm unclear what for or what instructions to follow ... Ultimately, I want to be able to use the web app to view and create operations dashboards, and I can't now.

Since you are using Portal for ArcGIS 10.6, you should use the latest web-browser based Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS release, which is 1.0. I don't recommend that you continue to use the Windows-desktop release.

For Portal 10.6, Operations Dashboard is available as a separate download from MyEsri - which it looks like you found. Please run the installer on the same machine where Portal 10.6 is installed. The install wizard is pretty straightforward. Once the install is complete, re-start the Portal for ArcGIS service and you should now see Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS available within Portal.

FYI, this might help:

https://community.esri.com/thread/206802-esri-live-training-seminar-on-operations-dashboard-for-arcg... 

Hope this helps,

Jay_Gregory
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks so much - very clear and it worked.  I think some of the documentation might be out of date at Distribute Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS (Windows) through Portal for ArcGIS—Portal for ArcGIS (10... , but glad to have it working!  

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Jay,

Glad to hear that you got Operations Dashboard working in Portal

> I think some of the documentation might be out of date ...

Yes, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We're working on getting the help doc updated.

Please LMK if you deploy any public facing dashboard apps - I am always interested in seeing what users create.

Best,

0 Kudos
agussuryanto
New Contributor

Hi Derek,

I am arcgis enterprise user and currently prepare material to be share in our portal. We setup the portal for local user, and there is no direct relation with arcgis online. I have some question related with operation dashboard.

1. Based on my understanding after reading some comment while googling, in early development phase operation dashboards is windows based program that create operation view that could be share to arcgis portal. In the early time, we should install windows based operation dashboard in each machine client to open operation view that we've published in portal. Currently our IT guy have succeed to install operation dashboard viewer and we can directly open the operation view through web browser. Cased close.

2. I ask our IT support to install web base operation dashboard at 10.6 portal so my assumption we cant create dashboard via web browser. My understanding the windows based operation dashboard would not have any upgrade and user strongly recommended to create dashboard via browser (similar with create application through web app builder). And i have manage to make trial arcgis online just to make sure that i can create operation dashboard (operation view) via web browser and the application by default already deployed to arcgis online.

My IT support than follows procedure from this link:

Distribute Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS (Windows) through Portal for ArcGIS—Portal for ArcGIS (10... 

The result is we share windows based operation dashboard instalation throught our portal, not deployed web based operation dashboard. The end result we back again ton windows operation dashboard to create and view operation view.

And my goal to create operation dashboard through web based is not achieved, and i am stuck again. I am still only have 1 option to create application via web application through portal, option to create operation dashboard still not avaliable.

I am pretty sure that operation dashboard could be instal in portal, but don'know how to do that. And i can't convince either my IT support guy, while support from Local Esri is not optimal in my country

Could you give me further tutorial how to install web based operation dashboard to portal? Is it possible.

Regards,

August

below are link for my reference, even though i am still confused

Differences between Operations Dashboard windows application and ArcGIS Online Operations Dashboard 

https://community.esri.com/thread/210064-how-to-enable-web-dashboard-in-arcgis-enterprise 

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi August,

> My understanding the windows based operation dashboard would not have any upgrade ...

Correct. There is no upgrade option for the Windows based Operations Dashboard app.

I ask our IT support to install web base operation dashboard at 10.6 portal ... I am pretty sure that operation dashboard could be install in portal, but don't know how to do that. Could you give me further tutorial how to install web based operation dashboard to portal?

If you are running Portal for ArcGIS 10.6, then you can download the separate web-browser based Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS set-up from MyEsri.com. After you've downloaded the installer, simply install it on your Portal machine, then restart the Portal services. You should see Operations Dashboard available in Portal.

Hope this helps,

agussuryanto
New Contributor

Thanks Derek,

We have to manage instal dashboard in arcgis portal. idont know whether the structure location is  correct. Dashboard lies directly under create item in my content. compare with arcgis online it lies below application.

Here is my screen capture.

Dashbord item

Is that correct and there would be no difference while create application using dashboard under the app and create dashboard directly.

Regards,

Agus

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Agus,

> Is that correct and there would be no difference while create application using dashboard under the app and create dashboard directly.

Yes, what you're seeing in Portal for ArcGIS 10.6 is correct and there is no difference.

The reason: Portal for ArcGIS 10.6 was released in Dec 2017 and the Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS installer was released about a month after. Because the installer was released later, we were unable to make the Create menus match exactly as ArcGIS Online. Sorry for the UI confusion, but the behavior with Operations Dashboard should be the same.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos