Change Shortlist (beta) Storymap to display main photo on mobile

Jump to solution
05-17-2018 04:38 PM
AndrewYao1
New Contributor

Hi,

Is it possible for the mobile version of shortlist to show the main (pic_url) photo instead of the thumbnail when a point is clicked? I have a different image for pic_url and thumb_url, but the mobile version only shows the thumb_url image.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkCooney
Occasional Contributor III

Make sure you are working with the source code and not the minified code.  When you are done with your customizations, be sure to use the build to produce the minified/production code (GitHub - Esri/storymap-shortlist: The Shortlist story map application template by Esri )

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Andrew, Currently Shortlist is hardwired to just display the thumbnail in the small display/mobile view to work around a performance issue we were encountering on iOS. Your post reminds us though to revisit that to see if we still need to apply that restriction.

Rupert

0 Kudos
AndrewYao1
New Contributor

Hi Rupert,

Thanks for the reply. Is there a way to modify this in the javascripts?

Andrew

0 Kudos
MarkCooney

HI Andrew,

Yes, it is possible if you are able to download, customize, and host the app yourself.  The changes needed can be found on lines 275 and 469 (storymap-shortlist/DetailPanel.js at master · Esri/storymap-shortlist · GitHub ).

Mark

0 Kudos
AndrewYao1
New Contributor

Great! Do I have add a line to the index.html file to load the DetailPanel.js?

0 Kudos
MarkCooney

The DetailPanel.js should already be loading in the app, just make sure to include all of the appropriate folders/files

0 Kudos
AndrewYao1
New Contributor

Hi Mark,

I don't see a DetailPanel.js file in the downloadable shortlist 2.6.0 template. Do I have to create one based on the file I find in GitHUb? If so, do I place that file in the app folder or do I need to create additional folders?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
MarkCooney

Make sure you are working with the source code and not the minified code.  When you are done with your customizations, be sure to use the build to produce the minified/production code (GitHub - Esri/storymap-shortlist: The Shortlist story map application template by Esri )

0 Kudos