Editing existing survey causes globalid to become corrupted

Jump to solution
05-17-2018 06:25 AM
roemhildtg
Occasional Contributor III

When I edit an existing survey, my global id field is being changed to have an extra set of brackets around it. So initially it looks like this: 

{6FE06469-4765-48D6-B9A4-46A32A72C892}

and survey123 is sending this on save:

{{6FE06469-4765-48D6-B9A4-46A32A72C892}}

Which causes an error because the field type is GUID. 

That field is configured in excel to be 

• type: hidden
  • name: ProjectGlobalID
  • label: Project ID
  • bind::esri:fieldType: esriFieldTypeGUID

Anyone run into this before?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Gregg,

There is an issue with receiving a globalid value that already has curly braces attached (see https://community.esri.com/message/769488-re-survey123-proper-handling-of-esrifieldtypeguids ).  Is there a reason you have the globalid value hidden in the form?  It shouldn't be required for accessing records via the Inbox.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Gregg,

There is an issue with receiving a globalid value that already has curly braces attached (see https://community.esri.com/message/769488-re-survey123-proper-handling-of-esrifieldtypeguids ).  Is there a reason you have the globalid value hidden in the form?  It shouldn't be required for accessing records via the Inbox.  

0 Kudos
roemhildtg
Occasional Contributor III

Awesome, that works! Thanks James Tedrick

The reason I have the guid hidden is I don't want the user to accidentally modify it. Plus its completely unecessary, a user will never enter this value in for our situation. We're opeining survey123 to add an inspection point from arcgis collector. Basically the workflow is:

1. Open collector
  2. Visit construction project
  3. Click on project boundary
  4. Click "Add inspection" (triggers survey 123 with a pre-populated GUID for related project id)
  5. User fills out inspection form
  6. User submits form in survey123 and returns to collector

The issue is that arcgis online will insert these curly braces into the url regardless. No way around that since arcade expressions are not supported in collector and the only way to pass a link to collector is to use the content (html). 

0 Kudos