won't transform from GCS_WGS_1984 to NAD83 2011 error says transformation not valid

Jump to solution
05-16-2018 09:48 AM
LauraAugustine
New Contributor II

project tool will not project from GCS_WGS_1984 to NAD83_2011.   Error says that the transformation isn't valid.  But the Tool help says thatt : "The parameter provides a drop-down list of valid transformation methods."  So how can it not be valid?

Arc provides default transformation WGS_1984_(ITRF08)_To_NAD_1983_2011 and then says it isn

It won't reproject it to UTM, either.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

What version? 

Meanwhile, try adding the input data to ArcMap and set the data frame coordinate system to your desired output coordinate system. Click the Transformations button and set the transformation. OK the dialogs. 

Once that's done, right-click the layer and select data, export data. In that dialog, select the use data frame coordinate system option and fill out the rest of the dialog.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

What version? 

Meanwhile, try adding the input data to ArcMap and set the data frame coordinate system to your desired output coordinate system. Click the Transformations button and set the transformation. OK the dialogs. 

Once that's done, right-click the layer and select data, export data. In that dialog, select the use data frame coordinate system option and fill out the rest of the dialog.

LauraAugustine
New Contributor II

Thank you!  That seems to have worked.  It makes me a little nervous to not reproject using the Project tool, but that's just my insecurity about projections, I guess.   (oh, and version 10.3.1 )   thanks again!

0 Kudos