arcpy.UploadServiceDefinition_server() and On-Premise Portal

07-22-2016 10:48 AM
PatBlair2
New Contributor II

I am using arcpy.UploadServiceDefinition_server to publish an MXD to an on-premise Portal for ArcGIS 10.4.1 (ArcGIS Server 10.4.1 is installed and federated with the portal). 

I have created a script based on this example.  I have also been using this documentation (especially example 3) to guide me.

My goal is to share the published services with a group defined on the Portal server, but so far every time I publish, the feature layer is "Not Shared".

Here is an example of my UploadServiceDefinition call:

arcpy.UploadServiceDefinition_server(
  "myMapService.sd",  # in_sd_file
  "myServerConnection.ags",  # in_server
  "newServiceName",  # in_service_name
  "",  # in_cluster
  "",  # in_folder_type
  "",  # in_folder
  "STARTED",  # in_startupType
  "OVERRIDE_DEFINITION", # in_override
  "SHARE_ONLINE", # in_my_contents
  "PRIVATE", # in_public
  "NO_SHARE_ORGANIZATION", # in_organization
  "My Group" # in_groups
)

I have also tried changing the in_groups parameters to a list, like so:

arcpy.UploadServiceDefinition_server(
  "myMapService.sd",  # in_sd_file
  "myServerConnection.ags",  # in_server
  "newServiceName",  # in_service_name
  "",  # in_cluster
  "",  # in_folder_type
  "",  # in_folder
  "STARTED",  # in_startupType
  "OVERRIDE_DEFINITION", # in_override
  "SHARE_ONLINE", # in_my_contents
  "PRIVATE", # in_public
  "NO_SHARE_ORGANIZATION", # in_organization
  ["My Group"] # in_groups
)

But, so far, no matter what parameters I supply that seem to apply to sharing, the feature layer is always "Not Shared" after publishing.

Am I missing something fundamental?  If anyone can point me toward the light I would be most appreciative.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SzymonPiskula1
New Contributor III

Pat, have you fixed that? Is your serve federated? How did you create the .ags connection file in first place?

In 10.6 ArcMap if i create a connection to my federated server using Portal BuildIn account and try to publish using it (from ArcMap 10.6) using the standard UI driven publishing process this can be seen:

If I create an .ags connection just as described here (therefore passing my SSO/SAML):

https://community.esri.com/thread/122100 

Then the 'Sharing' tab is active. But this only works for publishing from ArcMap. I cannot get an automated publishing workflow being 'signed in' though.

0 Kudos