How the heck do I commit some old job that was saved into the fabric under default?

Jump to solution
05-14-2018 08:57 AM
DianeBaker
New Contributor III

I keep getting this error "If the other version is the default version, the job containing the lock must be committed."  I can't figure out how to resolve it.  I manage the parcel fabric using a child version.  One day to make a quick edit I accidentally edited in the default version.  Now I can only edit an area if I'm editing the default version.  I have reconciled all versions and deleted non default versions.  No one else is using the fabric, just me.  How do I commit some old job that was committed a long time ago?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anna_garrett
Occasional Contributor III

if the jobs are already committed you should be able to delete them from the job book. switch over to your default version, start an edit session. click on the parcel editor menu, then scroll down to the job book. click to open the job book, select the jobs, right click -> delete.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
anna_garrett

if the jobs are already committed you should be able to delete them from the job book. switch over to your default version, start an edit session. click on the parcel editor menu, then scroll down to the job book. click to open the job book, select the jobs, right click -> delete.

0 Kudos
DianeBaker
New Contributor III

Thank you for that information.  Unfortunately it looks like I can't open my job book without it crashing.  I may have to figure that problem out before I can test your tip!

anna_garrett

that hasn't happened to me, but when arcmap starts to act up like that i just reboot my computer and it'll sort itself out. also make sure you're up to date on your patches.

0 Kudos
KarinPierce
New Contributor III

What if the jobs are not committed and just active.  We upgraded to 10.6 last month and since then we have been unable to version because of performance issues.  Machines are being upgraded to Windows 10 in the near future but now I have a lot of Active jobs that are not committed.

0 Kudos
DianeBaker
New Contributor III

Maybe this will help?  

"David - try commiting the job that was edited to release the locks - The job needs to be committed even on default. The Commit Job command needs to be added from the Customize menu."

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Karin:

Did performance of ArcMap diminish across the board when upgrading to 10.6 or is it only affecting your parcel fabric?

What kind of database are you storing parcel fabric data in (Oracle, SQL Server, something else)?

0 Kudos
KarinPierce
New Contributor III

It was across the board.  We have been in contact with Esri Support and it is a know issue.  We have 2 Windows 7 machines which is where the problem is.  Our LGIM is in SDE, SQL Server if that makes sense.  I am not an IT person.

0 Kudos
DianeBaker
New Contributor III

Reboot is my go to as well.  I gave that a go with no luck.  The problem was my Job Book was out of control.  I have over 30,000 jobs.  I installed Parcel Editor Add-in : Delete Fabric Records http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=52ab3234fc0b44068567d06e5d6f9175   I was able to to truncate the job book in Catalog.  It fixed the Job Book problem and the locked parcels issue. Side note I'm noticing an increase in speed for edits.  Two thumbs up for the add in!

0 Kudos