Hello-

I cannot figure out how to remove these lines in layout view- see below

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
deleted-user-Jhc6Dca2JfQr
New Contributor III

Gentleman-

I thought I let you know what the problem was- thanks for the suggestions and hlep.

It turn out to be a added element in the map, after remover the legend, Town Logo, scale and a couple of others things the "lines" went away.

Maybe they got corrupted, who knows, however the important thing is now they are gone.

Happy mapping!!

Paul B

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Start toggling off stuff in the dataframe and watch to see if they vanish in layout view... also try selecting another tool in layout view, for some reason the frame is selected

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Hello Dan & Thanks

I tried your suggestions but to no avail- it is some how connected to the map it self- see below-

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Get whatever layer you think it is into edit mode and see if you can select it and delete it then

0 Kudos
DanaNolan
Occasional Contributor III

Under Data Frame properties, check off any Annotation Groups. Once you figure out which annotation group this is in, in the Drawing toolbar, set your annotation target to that group. Try selecting the graphic(s) with the drawing selector/arrow. If that doesn't work, focus your data frame in Layout view using the Layout toolbar, or switch to Data view; this will let you select annotation that is geo-locked rather than page-locked. Then just use Ctl-X to cut it.

0 Kudos
JimCousins
MVP Regular Contributor

It looks to me like these are lines on top of the dataframe in the layout view. Try selecting them using the graphics selection tool (the solid black arrow) and deleting them.

Best Regards,

Jim

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Gentleman-

I thought I let you know what the problem was- thanks for the suggestions and hlep.

It turn out to be a added element in the map, after remover the legend, Town Logo, scale and a couple of others things the "lines" went away.

Maybe they got corrupted, who knows, however the important thing is now they are gone.

Happy mapping!!

Paul B