ArcHydro doesn't output to shapefile

01-26-2012 08:36 AM
StacieWolny
New Contributor II
Hi, all -

I just spent way too much time debugging something that I probably should have known, so wanted to post it here in case it saves someone else time.

In a nutshell, ArcHydro does not output to shapefiles, only geodatabases.  And if you specify a shapefile as the output to something like Batch Watershed Delineation, you get an error like this:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
   at ESRI.ArcGIS.Geoprocessing.GeoProcessorClass.Execute(String Name, IVariantArray ipValues, ITrackCancel pTrackCancel)
   at ESRI.APWR.ApHydro.GDBHelper.AddFieldGP(ApLayer apLayer, String fieldTag, String& exMessage) in C:\Projects\10_Final\ArcHydroTools\src\ApHydro\GDBHelper.vb:line 1307

I love ArcHydro, but do wish that the error messages were more user-friendly.

~ Stacie
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
MarkBoucher
Occasional Contributor III
There are several things that could be causing this error. I don't have time investigate further or explain them all. You can go to the forum at this link (http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/48100-ArcHydro-Problem-Solvers) where others and I have posted several solutions.
0 Kudos
Pedro_PabloVillegas_Yepes
New Contributor
Hola, cuando ejecuto DEM reconditioning de HEC Geohms  o el ArcHydro se produce el error hresult e_fail de una llamada al componente com

Como puedo hacer para solucionarlo?

Les anexo un archivo con los detalles
0 Kudos
TuanNguyen5
New Contributor

I created a file geodatabase and imported all raster data into it. Then rerun the process again and it actually worked  The catchment as well as drainage line were both developed !

0 Kudos