Community Analyst on a Portal environment. Is it possible?

04-30-2018 10:11 AM
MartinDe_Las_Heras
New Contributor III

Does anybody know if it is possible to use Community Analyst with a Portal for ArcGIS? I haven't been able to find documentation on this. Any help is much appreciated, we have several ArcGIS Online users in our organization utilizing CA on a daily basis, but we are in the process of fully migrating to a Portal setup.

Thanks!

Martin

4 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Martin,

You can configure Business Analyst with Portal for ArcGIS.  Business Analyst is essentially the same.  See the following post:

https://community.esri.com/thread/204599-buisness-analyst-vs-community-analyst 

PraveenSrivastava
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Martin,

The short answer is yes. We don’t deliver an on-premises product as ‘Community Analyst’ however Business Analyst Web App (formerly known as BAO) is available both online and on-premises. Since BA Web App includes the exact same workflows and datasets as Community Analyst, it can be  used as Community Analyst on-premises. You can then use the app theme customization settings to label and brand the app as Community Analyst.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions.

Thank you,

Praveen

MartinDe_Las_Heras
New Contributor III

Thanks for the information, it's very helpful. It is my understanding that Business Analyst and Community Analyst are very similar, but I am told that the pricing options are quite different, being BA much more expensive than CA. In this case I think we will have to continue using Community Analyst.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos
PraveenSrivastava
Occasional Contributor III

Pricing options for BA depend on which implementation of BA you are buying - BA Web App (i.e. BAO), BA Desktop, or BA Server (i.e. on-premises). BA Web app and Community Analyst have exact same pricing since they have the exact same workflows and data.