KERNELBASE.dll exception occasionally thrown since upgrading to v100 from v10

03-23-2018 02:20 AM
AaronMurphy3
New Contributor III

Hi there.

An application I work on has been using v10.2.7 of the .NET sdk for some time and never had any issues. A few weeks ago I was tasked with migrating to v100.2.1 and it appeared everything went okay. The program used to only use an ArcGISTiledLayer but I've now included another control that uses the ServiceImageTiledLayer. Since this change I have now witnessed a few occasions where my app has randomly died. The latest occurrence of this was this morning where I ran up my application and left it for 5 minutes (barely touching the map controls), then when I came back and clicked on the control containing the ServiceImageTiledLayer it instantly threw up an exception.. and I mean one of the big bad ones that I can't prevent and handle. I presume this is happening in the C++ of the .NET sdk. I have managed to get the log information from event viewer:

Faulting application name: Main.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ab3d519
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.14393.1770, time stamp: 0x59bf2bcf
Exception code: 0xe06d7363
Fault offset: 0x000daa12
Faulting process id: 0x3228
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3c282c5892d47
Faulting application path: C:\RDRIVE\Development\Main.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 4d5dc301-ba78-4df2-9d30-1def5e0c9573
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

This has only been happening since the upgrade to v100 and whenever it happens it is ALWAYS been caused by me clicking the map. I accept that I could be doing something wrong, but given the nature of the exception and the little amount I actually use of the .NET SDK I can't help but feel like this is an internal problem.

13 Replies
BjørnarSundsbø1
Occasional Contributor II

Michael Branscomb‌ I seem to be experiencing the same issue. We have delayed taking 100.2.1 into use until BUG-000111214 (escalated issue, with another linked) has been fixed (which we yet have a fix date for), and now this seems to be occurring after migrating our project to 100.2.1.  Any news on a fix date for the issue reported by Aaron Murphy, as well as my own?

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Both those issues are under investigation by the team in the current sprint. We hope to have more news shortly.

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos
BjørnarSundsbø1
Occasional Contributor II

That's great news. Hopefully it also includes Aaron Murphy's issue, or that it's the same thing going on. Fingers crossed

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

We have identified the issue causing the crash and addressed in the current internal builds for the next release (anticipated to ship late-Q2 / early-Q3). We are still investigating a follow up issue in the area regarding a transparency/rendering problem with the view when the DirectX device is lost.

Cheers

Mike