AMDB

04-18-2018 12:12 AM
GERTISEDO
New Contributor III

WHAT CAN I DO FOR MAKE AMDB CAN YOU GIVE ONE EXAMPLE?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
GERTISEDO
New Contributor III

thanks Dan can you help for more ... information  step by step  what can i do ..

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Step by step? 

Sounds like it is application of basic gis stuff in terms of data creation but with regard to making sure that things are useable with the aviation extension.  

This airport thing keeps on appearing... perhaps you might be looking for a consultant in that area

If you are looking for people to hire for a project, try posting requirements on...

https://community.esri.com/groups/gis-jobs?sr=search&searchId=209c3fa4-5be5-4163-81dd-d04a6bfe1bd2&s...

0 Kudos
DavidWickliffe
Esri Contributor

Hi Gerti,

ArcGIS for Aviation: Airports comes with an Airports geodatabase schema which is based on the FAA Airports GIS,  AC 150-5300 18B data model. As Dan pointed out in his  link #3 above, this model attempts to accommodate AMDB features.   You can request an evaluation copy of ArcGIS for Aviation to explore the data model and try out some of the functions to see if it would be helpful for your needs.   There is a request form here:

ArcGIS for Aviation: Airports | Request a Free Trial for 60 Days 

0 Kudos
GERTISEDO
New Contributor III

Hi david its true but i have try some time for 60 days trial arcgis aviation but nothing.....if  you  help you my you make  feel very happy 

and so i can  undersand more for this beacuse i like and its my job  ....so can you  help ...me ..?

0 Kudos
DavidWickliffe
Esri Contributor

Okay then, you would see a workspace xml file called Airports18B_NAD83_GX.XML within the Schemas directory under under Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\AviationCharting path which would have been installed with your evaluation copy.  Import this schema into a file geodatabase.  Then you can see the Airports data model which can be used to organize and store your airport data.  What we don't provide with the install is sample data, unfortunately.  

0 Kudos
DavidWickliffe
Esri Contributor

Gerti,

There is a guidebook tutorial at:  Introduction to the ArcGIS for Aviation tutorial—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

This provides guidance on a few of the Airports tools and has a link to download a map package of sample data from ArcGIS.com within it.