Transfer data from old survey to new survey breaks relationship class

04-15-2018 10:18 PM
JamesWilson2
New Contributor III

I am trying to transfer data from an old survey to a new survey, as we have added fields and the schema no longer matches.

I have attempted to download the FGDB and update the new hosted layer, but the attachments do not transfer.

I have attempted to use the Append tool in Pro on the hosted feature classes, and on downloaded FGDB version of the feature classes. I can get the data (with attachments) to append to the header table and to the repeat, but I cannot get it to maintain the GlobalID - so the relationship class between the header table and the repeat breaks.

Any idea how to transfer data between my surveys?

Data structure looks like this:

Question on behalf of Peter Naske

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohannaKollin1
New Contributor II

This helped me https://community.esri.com/thread/92799 

Not exactly the same scenario but this has worked for me when I´ve updated our collector layers with attachments

0 Kudos
ClaytonHayes
New Contributor

The best way I have found to accomplish this is to use the append tool in pro but change the receiving field for the globalID to a GUID and check preserve the globalID, see post https://community.esri.com/ideas/13150. This way the the GUID field should now match the parentglobalid field in the related record. 

0 Kudos
JamesWilson2
New Contributor III

Current workaround:

The 'update' (download file geodatabase from previous survey, and upload to new survey) fills the header and related table, retains the GlobalIDs and the relationship class, but loses attachments. After doing this step, I open both feature services in Pro, delete the data from the related table in the new survey, then append the data from the old survey, which maintains attachments. It is clunky, but it works for now (I cant see it working once nested repeats are brought in, or if there were attachments against both the header and related data).

0 Kudos