create my own template

02-26-2018 07:50 AM
MichalisChtenellis
New Contributor

Hello.I'm totally new to geoportal and i need to create my own template based on the INSPIRE standard where i have to add some more metadata fields of my own. I don't know where to begin . Is there somewhere i can find a tutorial as simple as possible to help me do it ?

Any help will be much appreciated .

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AGP
by
Occasional Contributor

A month after your question I guess you've already managed to create a metadata template but anyway, I was in your same situation some months ago and this page helped me quite a lot:

Customizations · Esri/geoportal-server Wiki · GitHub - The Customize Metadata section is a good start. Every single one of this pages includes other links with useful information. By the way don't configure your profile form inside the definiton.xml file, go for the Geoportal XML Editor (GXE).

These are the links that helped me the most (they are not exactly a tutorial and you'll have to find out a lot of things by trial and error):

Add a Custom Profile · Esri/geoportal-server Wiki · GitHub 

GXE Concepts · Esri/geoportal-server Wiki · GitHub 

GXE Structure · Esri/geoportal-server Wiki · GitHub 

GXE Workflow · Esri/geoportal-server Wiki · GitHub 

GXE Crash Course · Esri/geoportal-server Wiki · GitHub 

GXE XML Reference 

GXE JavaScript Reference - Index 

The whole INSPIRE based template is built using the GXE. Just make a copy of the files and edit or create new xml files to add or modify metadata fields (read the pages above and you'll know where to find those xml files and what to do with them).

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
MichalisChtenellis
New Contributor

Actualy I had to find a way to do things after a month, but thanks anyway.

The bad thing is I did it by making a copy of the definition and template xml files, which is probably more difficult and not the proper way, but I had to do something.

Anyway, thanks again for the answer..

0 Kudos