Unable adding or using costume Toolbox after upgrading to 10.5.1

03-30-2018 03:14 AM
GalAvraham
New Contributor II

Hi All

Recently I've upgraded ArcGIS Desktop on my machine - removing the 10.4.1 version, restarting the machine and installing the 10.5.1 version.

I then opened my of mxd saved under 10.4 - all went well. When tried adding a toolbox created in previous version (containing several models as well as script tools, organized in 3 different tool sets), it won't added to the toolboxes pan in ArcMap. When tried accessing the toolbox through ArcCatalog , the toolbox seems empty.

I then tried loading the toolbox into a total new mxd file saved with the newly installed version - again with no success.

I appreciate any help on this, thanks in advance

Gal Avraham

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Where were the scripts saved associated with the toolboxes?

There is a chance that they were removed when you removed 10.4.  Have you checked your recycle bin?

0 Kudos
GalAvraham
New Contributor II

Hi Dan

Thanks for your reply.

The scripts were saved to a none default location - they are stored, and available on my c:\ drive. The tools referencing these scripts are not available under that toolbox, as well as the tool sets.

As I mentioned:

1. I can't add the toolbox to the toolbox pan in ArcMap.

2. There were also other models in that toolbox - none of them available. The toolbox seems to be empty when accessed through ArcCatalog.

Gal

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I suspect the tools will have to be rebuilt.  I don't use models so I don't know how they are handled in toolboxes

0 Kudos
GalAvraham
New Contributor II

Thanks.

I ended up restoring a backup of this toolbox - I manage to reconstruct most of them while others were in a continuous authoring process. 

Thanks again,

Gal

0 Kudos