Please restore ArcScripts

08-28-2016 11:43 PM
StephenLead
Regular Contributor III

Anyone trying to visit http://arcscripts.esri.com is redirected to ArcGIS Code Sharing - but the old content from ArcScripts has not been ported across.

I get that ArcScripts is no longer active, but this does not mean that all of the content on ArcScripts is useless. There is many YEARS' worth of user contributions on ArcScripts, which will be lost if this resource is removed.

Esri - can you please remove the redirect on http://arcscripts.esri.com and just include a note telling people to check ArcGIS Code Sharing for up-to-date code? 

thanks,

Steve

ping Jim Barry

Tags (1)
58 Replies
joseangulo
New Contributor II

HI Jim, please help me to locate and old scrip called "the real dissolve". It was helpfull in joinning multiple lines that share a common endpoint.

Thanks

JimBarry
Esri Regular Contributor

I found this one from 1999 called "THE REAL DISSOLVE", but it's an Avenue script. Is this the one you're looking for?

Dropbox - AS11342.zip 

0 Kudos
JimBarry
Esri Regular Contributor

Also, here is a spreadsheet that lists the entire original ArcScripts database. Unfortunately we no longer have all of these items, but we do have at least 2/3 of them. If you find something in the sheet that you're looking for, reply to this thread and I can let you know if we have it, and if we do, I'll give you a link to it.

Dropbox - ArcScripts_Items.xlsx 

0 Kudos
GeraldConrad
New Contributor

Hi, Jim... can you please check and see if this script is still available? 

10250    QDIR: Quick and Dirty Image Reference

Thanks!

0 Kudos
JimBarry
Esri Regular Contributor

Bingo. Ok here goes:

Dropbox - AS10250.zip 

0 Kudos
DouglasLucas
New Contributor

Hello Jim,

Please check this scripts

16801 MXD package to single location

16802 Batch multi MXD packager to single location

Thank you

0 Kudos
JimBarry
Esri Regular Contributor

Apologies for the delay. Unfortunately those two VBScripts no longer exist. They were both created by Andrey Galyamov, who doesn't appear to be a GeoNet user. Looking at Andrey's areas of study and tools he uses, it's quite possible this is the same person: Andrey Galyamov | PhD | Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow | RAS | Institute of Geology of Ore Depo... 

Interestingly enough, for the first script, Andrey mentioned a note of thanks to Stephen Lead‌ and Kirk Kuykendall‌ (or Kirk Kuykendall‌).  It's possible either of those two gents might know more.

AntónioBrandão
New Contributor

Hello, is it possible to give the link for the python script name "Reorder field tool" - ReorderFields.zip - dbid 14721.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
JimBarry
Esri Regular Contributor

We don't have that particular Reorder Fields Tool in our ArcScripts anymore, but it was originally created by David Galt who used to work for the City of New York. You can probably contact him directly through LinkedIn here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/davidgalt/ 

0 Kudos
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

Jim Barry‌ I see that the link to that really important Excel file of ArcScript items in your thread dated 13-Jul-2017 01:40 is now broken! 

I'm seeing requests over on GIS StackExchange from people seeking these older tools and so I am directing them to this thread. But now that important list that we were all screaming for has vanished!

Please reinstate it or as I have just discovered further down is another link to the excel file that is working, so may be fix the old link or remove it as it may confuse other users.

As I understand this thread is the only location where one can get back to the useful older tools, there is no other mechanism.