Downloading Survey123 data to PC

03-23-2018 10:24 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Data will be collected where there is no wifi or cell service for up to a week at a time. I would like to be able to collect data in Survey123 and then each night back it up to a PC. iTunes 12 does not seem to be able to download App data anymore. Is there another way? When trying to get users to go digital vs. paper, you want to give users as much assurance as possible that data will not be lost. That is why a nightly download off of a device is essential.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Okay, I think I found out how to get the file.

In iTunes, click on device, go to file sharing, go to Survey123 and click the folder called ArcGIS and click "Save To".  However what can I do with a .sqlite file to see if it is indeed my data I collected offline?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Steve,

You can find more information in the Survey123 Documentation regarding recovering survey data from mobile device: Troubleshoot—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

also there are several GeoNet posts covering the same topic: Download survey from device after upload failed and https://community.esri.com/thread/204723-recover-survey-data-from-sqlite-database-on-mobile-device for example.

Phil.

0 Kudos