Tools that are not available in ArcGIS Pro

03-15-2018 10:48 AM
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

There is a help page of the same title : Tools that are not available in ArcGIS Pro—Appendices | ArcGIS Desktop 

I can understand a few of these like create personal geodatabse, and anything related to coverages, but I wonder about others. For example: replication.  Are any of these tools 'in the works' for ArcGIS Pro?  Are there viable replacements or alternatives?

Kory Kramer

Chad Kopplin

That should just about do it....
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I will add the most current link by Kory arcgis pro roadmap

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Joe, 

A good place to look for what is coming in Pro is the https://community.esri.com/community/gis/applications/arcgis-pro/blog/2018/02/02/arcgis-pro-roadmap?...‌  The team will be re-working the format on that to make the comments easier to follow (i.e. comments will only be related to the current roadmap).  Look for that to be improved in the coming months.

The roadmap is not a function-by-function view of development plans.  If there is something specific that you do in ArcMap that you are not able to accomplish in ArcGIS Pro, we would like to hear about that and you have options for communicating requirements to us.  Probably the most accountable way is to open a case with technical support.  I like this because sometimes when we can't find something in Pro, it is because things are done a different way and we actually can do what we need to, just differently.  When the functionality really isn't there, Support can look to see if there is already an equivalency issue or enhancement request logged for Pro and attach you to that.  You can then track that issue.

Other options are to search ArcGIS Ideas‌ to see if there is an idea for what you need.  Up vote and provide your user story in the comments. Otherwise, you can continue to communicate through GeoNet and we'll do our best to help.

As for the replication question in Pro, it looks like there is a conversation at https://community.esri.com/thread/185178-replication-tool-support-for-arcgis-pro Perhaps providing your specific workflow/how you use replication as a comment and question on that thread would get a more specific response.

For other tools not yet in ArcGIS Pro, are there specific tools that you're looking for to be able to move your work into Pro?

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Thank you Kory-  recently I developed an Python Addins app that creates a check-out replica and after editing the child and running some QA QC, checks it back in.  It's pretty slick, but with the approaching Pro migration, I need to start looking there.  It's my understanding that feature services  support replication- do you have any feed back in that respect?

KKramer-esristaff

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Take a map offline—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop was introduced at Pro 2.1.  That allows us to create an offline geodatabase that can be used to sync multiple times with a feature service.  Does that help?

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Thanks-  I'll look that over.

0 Kudos