Error LAS Dataset to Raster

10-19-2017 08:35 AM
JustinEddings
New Contributor III

I am working with an LAS Dataset containing 156 adjoining LAS. The Ground (2) field was reclassified in all LAS files. I would like to work with Ground points to define bare earth however I keep running into an error with the LAS Dataset to Raster tool. I've tried working with one LAS file (one LAS Dataset) to see if it was because of the size but it still did not work. Some of the errors I run into are:

1. The table name is invalid
  2. No spatial reference exists
  3. Error but no detail or code
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
  1. what is the table name
  2. what is the coordinate system supposed to be
  3. the last is probably related to not providing appropriate values or values at all for 1 and 2
0 Kudos
JustinEddings
New Contributor III

1. The output table is in a GDB. The error message ends with "[VAT_LAS_Elevation_Recalss_Ground]"

2. The LAS Dataset is:

Geographic Coordinate System: GCS_North_American_1983
Datum: D_North_American_1983
Prime Meridian: 0
Angular Unit: Degree

The output coordinate system is:

PROJCS['NAD_1983_Cors96_StatePlane_New_York_Long_Isl_FIPS_3104_Ft_Us',GEOGCS['GCS_NAD_1983_CORS96',DATUM['D_NAD_1983_CORS96_',SPHEROID['GRS_1980']],PRIMEM['Greenwich',0.0],UNIT['Degree',0.0174532925199433]],PRO

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

looks like an exceptionally long name, and since you don't indicate a file extension for the raster it will fail since the name is too long (see link below

... can you confirm the input projection because it looks like it hasn't been defined, hence can't be projected

There are other hurdles that should be noted in the...

Las To Raster tool .... that perhaps you can elaborate on

0 Kudos
AimeeZarzynski
New Contributor II

I am having the same errors ( as well as just the app crashing when running the tool) and was wondering if you have found any solutions since the last post?

Thanks! 

0 Kudos