Pre-filling a URL using GIS attributes

02-20-2018 06:17 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm attempting to pre-fill a web page form with Public Land Survey System attributes from my GIS.

BLM-Alaska Case Retrieval Enterprise System (ACRES) 

If I append the text "?rng_num=3" to the end of the URL in theory it should enter the number 3 into the "Range" box but nothing seems to be happening.  Any ideas why not?  i can't get anything to pre-fill on this page.

thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Hi Ryan Quigley   it might help others answer if you mention what API/development platform and version you are using, and where you are pulling your GIS data from (fgdb? SQL? Oracle?, AGS service?).    If you have code you want to paste, use https://community.esri.com/people/curtvprice/blog/2014/09/25/posting-code-blocks-in-the-new-geonet?s...

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Rebecca,

I'm pulling the GIS attributes from ArcGIS online but this should work with any web browser when you add to a URL to pre-fill.  There isn't really any programming or code involved other than that that I'm aware of.  I've seen it with plenty of other pages using this method.  I think there's something different about this web page that I don't understand that causes the boxes to not pre-fill from the URL.  I'm web developer illiterate so sorry if I can't provide much more information than that.

0 Kudos