Story Map - No Download button availabe Portal for ArcGIS?

Jump to solution
02-18-2018 01:00 AM
MayurDodiya
Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

I created story Map app in Portal for ArcGIS. Now, I want to download templates and deploy on my web server, but when I got view item details there is no download button available.

I see only Configure app ,View application,share button and No download button.

Is it possible to download story maps app that I created using my own Portal and host on my web server?

Why the download button not available same like web app builder application ?

Please suggest me on this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Mayur -- You can find all the Story Map app code repositories on GitHub here. You'll find information in the READMEs about how to point an app to your ArcGIS Enterprise portal instead of ArcGIS Online.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

5 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Mayur -- You can find all the Story Map app code repositories on GitHub here. You'll find information in the READMEs about how to point an app to your ArcGIS Enterprise portal instead of ArcGIS Online.

Owen

Owen Evans
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

In addition to the README, you might also find this article on hosting your own story map helpful.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
MayurDodiya
Occasional Contributor

Hi Owen,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I created Story map journal using portal menu > Create > App > using a templates > Select Map Story journal from the templates. I have than downloaded the map story journal templates from here github page  http://links.esri.com/storymaps/map_journal_template_zip .

I added my story maps app ID (32 character string) in index.html page and I am navigate to the my hosted server URL but I am getting error "Map Story does not exist or inaccessible"

Please note that I created using Create > App > using a templates > Select Map Story journal. There is no download button after created app so I downloaded templates from github page and deployed on my web server and added the appid in index.html page, but I am getting above error. I checked that my story map contents (web maps) are shared with my organization. I am using 10.5.1.

Also, if I go to item details page and than settings tab there is no option to register app.

Please suggest me on this.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Mayur -- If your story is hosted on your Enterprise portal you'll need to point your app to your portal (it normally points to ArcGIS Online). See the "What if I'm using Enterprise?" section of this article.

Owen Evans
MayurDodiya
Occasional Contributor

Hi Owen,

Yes, I changed the Sharing URL and it's working fine. Thank you very much!

Now, I have another change in story Maps. I want to dock identify popup window to bottom right corner and add maximize button in it ? Do you have any idea what and where should I add css ?

0 Kudos