Deploy Custom Widget to Portal for ArcGIS

Jump to solution
02-09-2015 10:03 PM
NickCameron2
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I know this has been asked before but I can't find a solution that seems to work for me.

I've built a custom widget in WAB dev. No problems using it within WAB dev, now am trying to deploy it to Portal for ArcGIS so non-dev's can use it when creating apps from within Portal as well.

What I've tried:    

-   Copy the widget files from <wabdev_folder>\stemapp\widgets\<widgetname>\ to the Portal server webappbuilder directory (C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Portal\apps\webappbuilder\stemapp\widgets\<widgetname>)

- Updated config.json in Portal stemapp directory to include the new widget.

- Updated widget-manifest.json to include the new widget in Portal stemapp/widgets directory (not sure if this is needed).

- Followed the instructions in this thread - Deploying a Custom Web App Widget – Portal for ArcGIS - and copied the stemapp folder from WAB dev to Portal WAB stemapp directory so that they're both v1.1.

- Restarted Portal service just to make sure (not sure if this is needed).

Does anyone know if this is possible to do yet or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,

Nick

Tags (2)
23 Replies
AndrewVentham
New Contributor III

Thanks for the speedy reply! It's useful to have that confirmed.

Perhaps I could poach the CSS styling of the standard co-ordinate widget to persuade the text from the custom co-ordinate widget to appear in the bottom left as usual.

But I think I'm still going to get unstuck with the custom widget in a toolbar - I can have it selected and visible initially, but as soon as another widget from the toolbar is selected, it will disappear.

So I suppose my next question is: what is your recommendation for how to create an "always on" custom widget? Is this supported within the "foldable" theme?

0 Kudos
NicolasGIS
Occasional Contributor III

Hello Derek,

Thanks for the update.

Just wondering if there is any plan to support custom theme as well and if yes if there is any time line for that functionality.

Thanks,

Nicolas

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Nicolas,

There are no immediate plans to support custom themes in Portal for ArcGIS. But I suggest you submit an enhancement on the ArcGIS Ideas site: ArcGIS Ideas 

Hope this helps,

NicolasGIS
Occasional Contributor III

Hello Derek,

Thanks for the quick reply.

As you suggested, I submitted the enhancement:

https://community.esri.com/ideas/14595 

Thanks

0 Kudos